‘Tis the season for all things chocolate and all things love. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love chocolate, so there’s nothing more that I enjoy then a good ol’ chocolate dipped strawberry. I have to admit that lately there hasn't been much time for me to get into the kitchen for anything extra and fun. We’ve got somewhat of a crazy schedule with after school activities, hockey, swimming and the weekends are jammed packed with family and out of town adventures.
So, I'm going to keep it quick, sweet and simple and make these delicious strawberries for my hubby this Valentines. I've switched it up from the traditional milk chocolate and decided just to use white chocolate. My hubby absolutely loves white chocolate more then anything so it should be huge hit!!!
What you’ll need...
1 package of large ripe strawberries
1 package of your favourite chocolate (I’m using Lindt white chocolate)
Optional: Sprinkles (you can choose whatever you like/have on hand and make it fun!)
double boiler or microwave safe dish
1. Make sure your strawberries are cleaned and dried before starting
2. Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper
3. In a microwave safe bowl or double boiler carefully melt chocolate stirring the chocolate often. Make sure to keep and eye on it so it doesn't burn. Burning can happen very quickly.
4. When chocolate is melted, carefully dip strawberries, turning them all the way around to make sure all sides are coated.
5. Once coated to your desire, place the dipped strawberry on the parchment paper.
6. Allow chocolate to cool for a few seconds and slightly harden. Then, sprinkle with your favourite sprinkles. You want to make sure the chocolate isn’t to hard so the sprinkles will still stick to the chocolate.
7. Repeat until the desired amount of strawberries is achieved
8. Once all the strawberries are done place the baking sheet or tray in the fridge to chill
9. Eat and Enjoy!
Until Next time, Keep on Partyin’