One of the biggest party trends happening right now are Eco-friendly parties. More than ever people are realizing it’s important to take a step back and look at their environmental footprint. We are aware of the impact of single use plastics and are working towards reducing our footprint. We are excited to be working with suppliers that have reduced their packaging and are transitioning away from plastic goods.
We have a wide range of reusable products and eco-friendly options. Almost all of our decor items can be reused and most party supplies are made from paper which means they can be recycled. Even our plastic cutlery can be recycled...it just needs to get into the recycle bin instead of the trash. These are all big steps towards reducing our footprint. Take a look below at some of our favourite Eco-friendly products...
One of our favourite suppliers, Talking Tables, breaks down some of the common terms. They came out with this amazing list to help us keep it all straight.
Here are some key definitions you might find useful:
- Eco – Being environmentally friendly
- Sustainable – Use of natural resources kept at a level unlikely to damage the environment.
- Biodegradable – Breaks down naturally without causing any harm to the environment.
- Degradable – Breaks down into micro size pieces due to its chemical makeup
- Industrial Compostable – Biodegrades in an industrial environment only.
- Home Compostable – Biodegrades in home compostable conditions.
- Recyclable – Materials or waste that can be processed and used again.
- Widely Recyclable – Waste most likely to be collected as part of household recycling.
- Single Use – Designed to be used once and then thrown away.
- Reusable – Designed to be used multiple times before being thrown away.
- Sustainable Sourced – Using social, ethical and environmental factors to decide whether to use a supplier.
So there you have it!! It's important for everyone to start making changes that will help the Earth. As we move towards improving our products we will keep you up to date with all the newest and neatest party supplies and decor.
Now who wants to have an Eco- Friendly party?
Until Next time, Keep Partyin’