Mermaids are all the rage these days, and rightfully so!
🐚 Wavy, flowing mermaid hair.
🐚 Shimmering mermaid tails.
🐚 Glitter, bubbles and seashells.
What’s not to love!?
Putting together a mermaid box was a no brainer for Jenna and I. Whimsical, feminine and most definitely fun! You can see our Perfect Mermaid Party in a Box HERE.
But no party is complete without a little DIY. Check out these perfectly under the sea DIY jellyfish decorations one of our customers sent us! It is the perfect touch for your mermaid celebration, and it’s as easy as 1, 2, Sea! ;)
Here is a super helpful video to help with your DIY jellyfish!
Plastic table cloth or ribbon
Hot glue gun
- Cut streamers to desired length. This DIY suggests 14 strips.
- Cut tablecloth or ribbon into strips approximately the same width and length as the streamers. This does not have to be perfect!
- Assemble the paper lanterns as per the instructions.
- Carefully crumple the streamers to give them a bit of texture and so don’t fall completely straight.
- Holding the strip of tablecloth between your two thumbs, gently pull away from the centre and work your way down the entire strip. Be careful not to pull too hard and tear the tablecloth.
- Using your hot glue gun, attach the streamers at varying distances along the bottom edge of the paper lantern.
- Attach the strips of table cloth in the remaining spaces as you desire. Be sure to save one strip of the tablecloth for our final touch!
- With your remaining strip, glue it along the edge of the lantern to hide any imperfections where the streamers meet the paper lantern. Trim any access tablecloth with scissors.
What did I tell you? EASY PEASY 💖
Don’t forget to share pictures of you perfect mermaid party with us!
Until Next time, keep partyin’